The Family Care Program Mission
“The Hendrick Home for Children Family Care Program helps single parents in financial straits and their children achieve healthy independence for the families.”
The Hendrick Home for Children Family Care program helps impoverished single parents and their children achieve healthy independence for the families.
What does the Family Care Program provide?
- Efficient campus apartment suites
- Nourishing hot meals and food pantry
- Supervised plan of action for each family
- Free family counseling
- Financial management classes as needed
- Parenting skills workshop
- Limited tuition scholarships when available
- Equine Therapy for the parent and older children
“I received a bachelor’s degree and an MBA from Hardin Simmons University while in the Family Care program. It was a godsend to my two girls and me.” -A Parent. Most parents in the program complete college or a training program and find excellent career opportunities.
FAMILY CARE EXPECTATIONS
What are the expectations for the families in the program?
All single parents must meet the following requirements:
- Come into the program with burning desire to improve their life situation
- Provide care for their children
- Have a job
- Possess a means of transportation
- Live cooperatively with supervisors and other families
- Work consistently toward a goal that leads to independence
- Observe all program guidelines